Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Matthew 22:39

randomvity, another productive day...NOT! anyway I was sort of recalling all the weird moments I had few weeks back and came across one, I think it happened not long ago.

It was around 6pm I went to this Middle east stall to have my dinner, it was not fully open yet the tables were not even set yet and there was this old man who apparently works as a waiter in that stall, he was busy settin up the tables and stuff. I sat down on one of the tables he already set up and ordered my food, while waiting for my food to come somehow I observed the old man, he was doing quiet a heavy job for an old man, lifting up some tables, stacked up chairs and arranged them by himself, suddenly a weird thought came to my mind..

"what am I doin? just sittin herewatching him, I think I should go help him but why? why should I help him? I mean it's his job, I dont wanna embarrass myself, what the others would say if they see me helping him arranging the tables Im here as a customer not a waiter but, but I think it'd make his job easier and would be done in no time if I helped him"

so yeahh I was kinda struggling on that thought for couple mins and in the end I decided not to do anything LOL I know. anyways, lets move away slightly from that, "you shall love your neighbor as yourself" did you know that this command is mentioned eight times in the bible? and I guess it's probably one of the hardest God's commands for us to do. I think I know the answer why is it hard, its because of this word "why?" just like in my weird thought i just told you I kept asking "why", "why should I do it?" i guess if the word "why" was not exist I'd've helped that old man lol. I guess we always need a reason before we do something and I think it's not really necessary, you don't need a reason just to love your neighbor, do you have somebody that you love because of what he/she does for you? is that really love?
*pop quiz! LOL
do you think Jesus asked "why?" when he's sent to earth to save us?

No comments: